RTL Introduces Logo For Product Placement
Last week Horizont – the German portal for marketing, advertising and media – announced that Europe's largest TV, radio and production company RTL submitted a logo design for the announced introduction of product placement on private television in Europe in 2010. The proposed logo comes with the tagline "Supported by product placement" set in FF DIN and is located in the upper right hand area of the screen.
FontBlog thinks the logo falls short and begs for a revision. It requires an explanation that occupies an area many times larger than the logo itself. Furthermore the sign can be misinterpreted as a request to switch on or off something. Our proposed alternative shown below is easily understandable for the viewers, and what's more… it can equally appeal to potential advertising community, telling them: "Your product for money in our program".
Need more icons? Why not try the simplified iconography of FF Netto? Or the multi-layered 2.0 version of FF Dingbats? Or the very complete Poppi collection? These and other options can be found in FontShop's list of Web Icons, Arrows, and Symbols.
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer