PingMag Interviews Erik Spiekermann
Our founder is lecturing in Japan right now. Tokyo-based PingMag talked with Erik last week and the very detailed interview is up at their site with gobs of illustrations.
What do you think about the increasing possibilities to purchase "cheap design", done by people claiming to be designers or better opportunities to let software design for you?
Good, yeah! There is a market for fast food — I don't eat it but, there is nothing wrong with it. There are lots of people who are probably well served with it. In fact, the more of that cheap stuff is out there, the higher we get pushed.
Most stuff isn't even badly designed, it just isn't designed at all. But the more stuff actually gets designed, it pushes up the demand for design. That's just what happened to typefaces: before we had maybe 1,500, now we have more than 30,000. The demand is always increasing and the quality will also always increase.
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。