DEADLINE APPROACHING: ADC Young Guns
Art Directors Club Young Guns awards. The awards seek out under-30 talent in graphic design, photography, illustration, animation, interactive design, typography and other disciplines." />
The deadline is approaching for entries to this year's Art Directors Club Young Guns awards. The awards seek out under-30 talent in graphic design, photography, illustration, animation, interactive design, typography and other disciplines.
The awards are open to both ADC members and non-members from any country; the awards aim to recognize individuals rather than projects, so entrants are assessed on their portfolios and are expected to submit one sample from each of 6-10 projects. Any creative aged under 30 who has worked for at least two years, either full-time or freelance, is eligible to enter.
Past winners include Stefan Sagmeister and James Victore (graphic design), Deanne Cheuk (illustration), and Alex Trochut (typography); 50 of this year's entrants will be selected to join the ranks of the Young Guns by a panel of past Young Guns winners.
For the first time this year, there are cash prizes for the top three Young Guns: an ADC Young Guns-Moleskine grant of $1,000 will go to the top-ranked, and $250 each will go to two runners-up.
Everyone who is picked as a Young Gun will have work included in the annual; the selection is announced in the autumn.
The deadline is May 13. For submission guidelines and to enter go to the Young Guns website.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints