Typographica's "Favorite Typefaces of 2008"
It has been covered on a multitude of blogs, both type-related like our team – the wait is over!
I hinted at it in last month's Bald Condensed review.
It's March, spring is in the air, and this means Oscars time, also in the wonderful world of type design. Blogs and websites have submerged us with Best of and Top Ten lists, but we all know we're waiting with baited breath for Typographica's "Our Favourite Fonts of 2008" to be published for the fifth consecutive year already. This unofficial award list has carved out a prestigious reputation in the type world. […] Stephen just gave me the scoop – you gotta love instant messaging – there are nearly twice as many participants as in previous years. It will be launched with a Typographica redesign, which sees the website move away from a blog format and toward a gallery/showcase style site to give more focus to reviews/essays, less to news.
Yes indeed – the redesigned Typographica launched Wednesday with its annual Our Favorite Typefaces of 2008 overview. It is not a wise move to go over there if you have a lot of work to be done or pressing deadlines, because there are forty (40!) reviews plus a long list of honourable mentions. Enjoy!
And if you want to know more about the man behind arguably the most important annual overview of new type out there, you can have a listen at the interview with Stephen Coles on Read Between The Leading.
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read