How The New TypeCon2009 Logo Came To Be
TypeCon is the annual type conference in the USA which is held in a different city each year. The Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA) organises the sixth edition "Rhythm" in Atlanta from July 14th till 19th.
SOTA commissioned the New York based Under Consideration Department of Design – Armin Vit and Mexican born Bryony Gomez-Palacio – to design the new logo. On their website UC.DOD describe the creation process from initial concept to finished logo in 15 steps. Worth watching.
The supporting typeface is "the indefatigable Benton Sans" by The Font Bureau, Inc.
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger