Type Week On Eye Magazine Blog
You may remember I posted an entry about the book Adrian Frutiger – Typefaces. The Complete Works. at the tail end of last year. In the comments I announced the review copy Birkhäuser sent me arrived just before the holidays, adding I hoped I was going to be able to post a review soon. And then… nothing happened.
Well, something happened, and quite unexpected at that. John L. Walters, editor of Eye, the international review of graphic design, contacted me to ask if I was interested in writing a book review for Eye. Turns out the book in question was Frutiger's. So the review was indeed written, but instead published in Eye 71 which landed yesterday.
To celebrate the release of the new printed issue, Eye is having their first-ever Type Week on the Eye blog, with guest bloggers, recommended links, etc. Type Week features blogs about typography books, typefaces, new technology and extracts from Eye 71. The first two blog posts – one by Jan Middendorp and one by Derek Birdsall – have already been posted, with more to come. Furthermore an extract from my review will be published on their website. So go over there and start reading, already!
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer