HypeForType debuts pre-launch Pong game
A new type foundry, HypeForType, that's set to open soon with designs by Jon Burgerman, Alex Trochut and Si Scott, has launched an old-school Pong game online giving users the chance to win £50 vouchers.
The retro game invites users to test their skills at becoming 'King Pong' ahead of HypeForType's official launch, which is currently slated for May. HypeForType is a digital foundry that's being set up by graphic designer and typographer Alex Haigh, who runs a Nottingham studio, Thinkdust.
Haigh is currently planning to release volumes of fonts every three to four months, featuring designs by leading artists, designers, typographers and illustrators. Volume.01 features work by Si Scott, Alex Trochut, Job Burgerman, Luke Lukas, and HelloHikimoro.
HypeForType also plans to develop a typeface for the visually impaired on behalf of blindness charity the RNIB, and to work with DAHRA (Designers Against Human Rights Abuses) on other projects.
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!