St Brides invites type geeks to get raunchy
St Brides has announced the return of its 'tart cards' competition, which it first ran last year in conjunction with the Plus typography festival. The competition aims to raise funds for the library." />
Graphic design library tart cards' competition, which it first ran last year in conjunction with the Plus typography festival. The competition aims to raise funds for the library.
Inspired by the cards advertising prostitutes that are prevalent in inner-London phone boxes, the competition invites graphic designers to create cards advertising the pleasures of a particular font. These can be as lurid and seductive as you choose. Samples from the previous call for entries are here.
This time the competition is in collaboration with Wallpaper, which will feature the project in the magazine; all entries will also be exhibited in London in the summer. A book of the project is also planned, with profits going to St Brides, and a panel of experts will award prizes for the best efforts.
The deadline for this round of entries is April 10; click here for entry guidelines.
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger