Life Itself by Roger Ebert (Hardcover)
Source: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com.License: All Rights Reserved.
Roger Ebert's memoir is appropriately connected to the movies. Hovering above the theater curtains in old fashioned title card style,Yasashiiis an Art Deco inspired typeface that recalls the heydays of silent film era or perhaps the early days of Hollywood. The title takes advantage of the font's variety of alternate glyphs. The script is custom lettering.
Designer Will Staehle:
Roger Ebert is the most famous critic in the world.
He's written numerous books over the years, but never a memoir. I was very lucky to be called in to work on this great project, due to the art director seeing the Type Director's Club/Veer Postcard series that I designed.
She wanted a similar feel; something that felt like an old movie titlecard, and we knew from day one that we wanted a black and white cover. The book ended up with a very classy-looking package. And the best part? Roger Ebert liked it…a lot. He gave me a thumbs up.
( seriously. )
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。
游客's review on Article 设计师常用字体库和排版参考请问有打包好的吗？给我一个谢谢
好的设计师， 之所以会与众不同， 是因为他们背后有太多你不知道的故事。